Thursday, June 3, 2010

Recipe: Whole Wheat Sticky Buns

I love starting my Saturday with a baked good in hand, buzzing around the farmers market. Saturdays are days to be out and about town, being with friends, and having a good time. My Sundays, on the other hand, are spent recovering from Saturday. (As my dad says, it's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning!) For me the perfect way to transition between the two is having a little bit of the market on Sunday morning. I give you, Sticky Buns a la UtGU!



You will need:
6 Whole Wheat Cinnamon-Brown Sugar rolls
Maple Syrup
Honey
chopped nuts

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Arrange your rolls in a cake pan. Drizzle liberally with maple syrup and honey. Sprinkle nuts (I used the end of a bag of chopped pecans and the end of a bag of sliced almonds, this time). Bake for 15 minutes. I like to take mine from the pan when they are done, and arrange them on a plate so I can pour the syrup that melted away on top of the buns for maximum stickiness.

The smell practically begs for a lazy Sunday morning at home. Oh, and they are delightfully gooey too!

No comments:

Post a Comment