Wednesday, June 17, 2009

June 13, 2009

First, I would like to welcome our newest intern Ashley!! She came to market on Satruday to help us out, and I"m so glad she did! She's a quick learner, funny, and just lovely. We were swamped on Saturday morning so we were really glad for the help!

Saturday morning got started a little late. Tracie had some car troubles, so we unloaded her car, loaded my car and had to stop for gas before we went to market. People were beating down the door, so to speak! We hurried the best we could to get set up. I brought one cake for slices and two whole cakes. I thought this cake would sell like crazy- Kahlua cake with Bailey's cream cheese icing. NO. But I did sell my whole sliced cake by the time the market was over, so that was fine. The weather was so great on Saturday, so I didn't mind too much. Overall it was a wonderful market day! I didn't want to leave after my shift was over!

Here are some photos of the wonderful day:


This is our new intern, Ashley! She's a writer and she's writing a book about food. I hope we can help her. I just know everyone at the market is going to love her!

This is Tracie! She's my fantastic boss/teacher! So cute!

These are two customers tasting the cake. They seem pretty pleased with the product that actually made it into their mouths, rather than on them. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment