Thursday, June 4, 2009

June 3, 2009

Wednesday was a big day! Not only did I make my cake for the first time, but Tracie's new oven arrived! I know Thursday is going to be busy since we will be making stuff for Saturday in addition to reorganizing things to make room for the oven. I worked on that a little bit yesterday. She bought a lot ingredients this week, so I put those away and organized them.

I waited until I got to Tracie's house before I cut my cake, because I wasn't sure how big to cut the cake or how much to charge for it. She was so helpful with that, and she even found me an extra pan so I can make more than one cake at a time for Saturday! I decided to go with something that was a reflection of who I am for my first cake, so I made a key lime cake. It was based on my great grandmother's cake recipe and key lime pie recipe. I reworked them into a bundt cake. People reacted very positively which I really appreciated! One lady bought three pieces!

At around 4 the heavens opened! It rained really hard for about half an hour! Luckily Tracie came and brought me some weather proof cloth to cover the table and a rain jacket. One lady was so die hard, she was shopping in the rain and bought a a muffin! Luckily it cleared up pretty quickly and it ended up being a very nice and fairly busy evening. I'm surprised at how few people come to the Wednesday market. It is really nice. In addition to all the vendors who sell baked goods, produce, plants and crafts there are the pizza guys (as I like to call them) and there is usually some live music. Last night it sounded like there was a string trio. Lovely! Wednesday market is just different from Saturday market. It's too bad a lot of people go to either one or the other. Both are wonderful in their own ways.

1 comment:

  1. Nissa's new additon to our selection of Key lime cake was AWESOME and the customer's loved it! Keep up the great work! Tracie

    ReplyDelete