Thursday, May 14, 2009

May 13, 2009

Yesterday was pretty busy, Tracie had just gotten a lot of new supplies. There was sugar and flour to be put into containers, chickpeas for the hummus, black beans and other miscellaneous items to be organized. I also had to cut up the dried apricots (used for bread and scones) and put that into a container, as well as the dried cranberries. This week there will be two flavors of lemonade, so we had twice as many bottles to clean. (I'm lame and broke two bottles...sorry!) I also cleaned out all the big Tupperware so we have a place to put all the batter for this weeks market.
This list of things to do is not very long but it was actually pretty time consuming to cut up all those apricots, and the bottles took a bit of time. I guess I knew there were little bits of baking that were time consuming like that, but I never though about it on such a large scale. It probably took me at least 45 minutes to cut them up! Another thing I learned yesterday was that you cannot reuse the lids on the lemonade bottles, I assume for the same reasons you cannot reuse lids on canning jars.

I think we are making ginger lemonade today, so I'm very excited to learn about that! I do have one question: where are the lemonade bottles from? They are so cute, and reusable to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment