Friday, May 15, 2009

May 14, 2009

The lesson I learned from yesterday: get your butt in gear, Nissa! I guess I did a lot yesterday, the batches were bigger, and there were a few other odds and ends I took care of, but I felt like it just took me entirely too long to get those brownies done! I don't know what was wrong with me yesterday, but that will not be the case today.

On a less personal note, I did learn some valuable things from Tracie. In all my years of making simple syrup, I never thought to make strawberry simple syrup using the caps of the strawberries. That way you can use the rest of the strawberry for something else, rather than wasting a whole strawberry on syrup, or throwing the caps away. Waste not, want not! I also had my question from yesterday's entry answered. The bottles are clear Bordeaux bottles, some with screw tops some with sample corks. They cost 50 cents to a dollar each depending on whether or not you order them in advance, and the tops are about 10 cents each. You can get them at any place that sells wine making or beer brewing supplies. You can reuse the bottles, but not caps.
I look forward to market tomorrow, Tracie says it will be pretty busy with graduation falling on the same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment