Saturday, May 16, 2009

May 16, 2009

Market day! I really love it. It's so nice to wake up early, get all your work done (if you want to call it that...it's such a lovely and friendly environment), and still have the day ahead of you. Plus, the market is really the pulse of the town. As someone new to the area I find the market to be an absolutely enthralling place!
Yesterday I didn't write because there wasn't that much to write. I made a sign for the table this week. It turned out really cute...I always forget to take pictures! I listed a sample picnic menu for three using things you could buy from UtGU. A loaf of bread, hummus, lemonade and the 3-for-$5 desserts. I included a picture of our green umbrella, however I think it looks like a spider web...oh well. I hope I have another chance to do the sign because I think this one was a little busy. Maybe it would be better to try one featured item at a time.
Tracie also sent me home with a pan of brownie batter yesterday! I am so grateful! I baked it up when I got home, and my boyfriend and I have been picking at it. It is my first successful batch of brownies ever! Today, a little boy pitched a fit because his dad wouldn't let him have one (a brownie) for breakfast...I don't blame either of them.
Today's market was steady, not terribly busy. I like that because we got to talk to all the customers and really connect with them. I think that's important. I'm getting better at counting the money and I'm more knowledgeable about the stuff so enjoyed the market more this week than I did last week. Some people remembered me from last week, which was nice. I try to remember all of them. I haven't been so hot with names, but I will be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment