Friday, May 22, 2009

May 21, 2009

Yesterday was so great! I feel like Tracie and I really bonded, which makes our working environment that much more pleasant! We got so much work done yesterday! There will be two types of lemonade, muffins, a new scone flavor, lots of brownies, in addition to the small errands we ran. Oh yeah, and there are all the things she makes that I don't help with!

It feels good to know how to do a number of things on my own now. We can get more done because she doesn't have to stop and teach me how to do as many things.

One task of note from yesterday was the making and packaging of the lemonade. I washed and sanitized all of the bottles, put all the lemonade into bottles and into the sample containers. We are also going to try a new labeling system. It is very cute, but it is also very practical. The new labels can have more information, are easier to keep dry in the ice bucket and don't leave sticky stuff on the bottles which makes it easier to recycle them. It's pretty exciting!

I have to say, I am so glad Tracie is my mentor in all this. She is very good about listening to my ideas and taking them seriously. She really is genuinely interested in my growth and success in the farmer's market community, and I appreciate that. I even told her about some ideas I had for when I have my own stand (someday). If it was someone else, I might be worried about them stealing my idea, but not her. As she said, "I have too many things to make as it is!"

No comments:

Post a Comment